This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced policy researcher to lead a small unit that provides support for strategic monitoring, evaluation and research (MER) across the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). The unit also leads periodic quality of life (QoL) assessments in several countries where the AKDN invests in large social, economic and cultural programmes.
The successful candidate will be an applied researcher with a passion for collecting and using evidence to assess and inform international development policies, strategies and programmes. As director, you will have a proven track record in developing quantitative and qualitative research, from the design stage through to analysis, reporting and dissemination of findings. You should enjoy teamwork, be prepared to work in difficult contexts and be able to manage relationships and networks that span the globe.
The position is based in Geneva, Switzerland with extensive international travel and comes with a salary and benefits package to attract the best candidate.
The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN)
Founded and guided by His Highness the Aga Khan, the AKDN brings together a number of development agencies, institutions, and programmes that work primarily in the poorest parts of Asia and Africa. The AKDN’s overall goal is improvement in the quality of life, which encompasses improvement in material standards of living, health and education, built around a set of values and norms which include pluralism and cultural tolerance, gender and social equity, civil society organisation, and good governance.
DESCRIPTION DU POSTE
The QoL MER Support Unit has a two-fold role :
1. To organize, lead and manage regular QoL assessments in regions where AKDN takes a multi-input area development approach (currently assessments are carried out in subnational regions in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Syria, Mozambique, Mali and Tanzania). Building capacity and providing assistance in utilizing results from the assessments is an important part of the Unit’s role.
2. To provide support to individual AKDN agencies for outcome-level monitoring and evaluation, and tracking such activities regularly in order to combine efforts, promote learning and avoid unnecessary duplication of efforts between agencies.Main Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- To provide guidance and leadership for all Unit activities, taking responsibility for the delivery of approved activities to time, budget and quality.
- To promote quality and methodological innovation in QoL-related monitoring, evaluation and research activities across the Network, in order to deliver greater learning and impact.
- To assist in the development of research products (briefs, reports, publications etc) relating to the Unit’s activities and to support their dissemination and use by AKDN agencies for resource mobilisation.
- To chair a technical working group consisting of representatives of key AKDN MER staff, ensuring regular meetings and interaction to promote coordination and learning within the Network.
- To ensure sound budget management and effective recruitment and management of high quality staff and consultants (as needed) for the Unit.
- To develop/co-author external QoL-related publications and participate in external MER-related events.
Coordonnées de contact
- A Postgraduate Degree in International Development or related Social Science discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of research methods and experience with designing strategies and tools for data collection and analysis.
- At least 10 years of experience with MER for development strategy and programmes.
- An understanding of and commitment to the underlying values and aims of the AKDN.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, backed by excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in policy dialogue.
- Training and capacity development experience.
- Fluency in English essential, fluency in French desirable.
Merci d'envoyer votre candidature sous référence FRONTALIER - PA4198.
Qualified applicants should apply via the AKDN Career Centre at www.akdn.org
Applications should consist of a CV accompanied by a covering letter.
Si vous êtes adhérent du Groupement transfrontalier européen, déposez votre CV
sur notre site Internet, il sera consultable par les 216 entreprises suisses avec lesquelles nous travaillons.
Vous n'êtes pas encore adhérent, rejoignez-nous
pour bénéficier de tous nos services d'aide à la recherche d'emploi en Suisse.